04 October 2010

Dinner with Myself...

I stand in line waiting to order,
only to find in front of me that which I currently despise.
The cute-kid couple making googly-eyes with interlocked arms,
all sweet and giddy.
Only to leave me ready for dinner with myself.

I've gotten to be a pro at dinners with myself,
but when autumn sets in and the sun stops shining,
my skills start lacking and I want all that's not here.

I know I should be grateful...
shirt's on my back,
roof over head,
full stomach,
and a warm bed fit for me,
but it just isn't enough when the sun and I are playing hide and seek.

I'm having dinner with myself once again,
and I keep thinking back to the couple in line...
When will I be them?
When will I be the couple that makes people sick?

While the sun's still hiding,
I just want someone to hold me.
While the sun's still hiding,
I wanna curl up under the covers with you.
While the sun's still hiding,
I wish you were here to have dinner with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment