03 August 2011

For the Struggling Woman Girl...

My darling,
How I wish you could see yourself the way I see you.
How I wish you knew you are good being you.
How I wish you remembered yourself prior to the men in your life.
How I wish the fire and passion you have when you fight with him
would come around again...
with purpose and drive for the future you once imagined for yourself.

I wish your reflection you see would reflect the woman girl I know:
a woman girl who is strong and beautiful,
a woman girl blazing with spirit and passion,
a woman who can hold her own,
an exquisite independent woman with a heart of gold,
the woman girl I wish I could be
that's the woman girl I see.

However as tears roll down my face,
my image of the woman girl starts to fade
and I wonder if the woman girl I once knew will be refined and sharpened.
I wonder if the image of her will crystallize once more
for me to admire and desire to look up to her once more.

Tears stream down my face
as the woman girl who was going to take the world by storm slowly starts
to dissolve like the sidewalk chalk fantasies of our childhood.

I wonder if she sees it too
and that's the reason why my image is no longer defined.
I wonder if she realizes that my role model does not have to dissolve with the rain
or into the eye of the storm, into the abyss.

I cry as I fear that my image is completely crumbled
as the woman girl I once knew fades into the darkness.

My friend, my confidant, the woman girl I respect and love so much:
It makes me tremble to think she doesn't realize her own worth.
I tremble at the though that she's sinking
(I remember when she stood on her own, holding me with her). 
I tremble at the though that she doesn't believe in herself
or all that she is capable of accomplishing.
I tremble at the idea she may no longer have a self-portrait
as she's always with another.
I tremble, I cry for her, but mostly...
I still believe in my woman girl, the girl I admire.
I still have hope that she'll rise like the phoenix more beautiful than ever.

My darling, these are my hopes, dreams, and fears for you, the one I cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment