I wish you knew how you changed my world,
wonder if it would change me and you.
If you knew that you changed the girl I was,
would you give me a chance, would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the power you have over me,
how you change the reflection I see in the mirror.
If you knew that you planted strength within this insecure frame,
would you open up, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the sadness that succumbs me,
how not seeing you makes me quake.
If you knew you carried a sliver of my being,
would you let me carry you, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew how no expectations has entrapped me,
did you realize all the expectations that would build up from that simple phrase?
If you knew that it would hinder the me and you that had grown comfortable,
would we place the same conditions, would you let me in again?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew how much I want to care for you,
wonder if you share the sentiments.
If you knew how happy you make me,
would you allow me that happiness, would you give me a chance,
would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew how much I worry about you my friend
and the anxiety I carry when you're not around m'dear,
when you grow cold m'dear.
If you knew that I worried,
would you come around once more, would you stay warm,
would you think of me m'dear?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew how much I want it to be me and you again
like it was that once when we were friends (or claimed we were).
Do you see how distant we've been all these years?
If you knew that I cared,
if you knew that I wouldn't hurt you,
would you grow vulnerable and let me in to see the real you,
would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that I'm lost too,
wonder if it would break your icy presence.
If you knew I was unsure too,
would you give me a chance, would you let me and you figure it out?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the chills and butterflies that consumed me
when you first spoke out, wonder if you had them too.
If you knew that you brought me back to life,
helped me regain my worth,
would you see me the same, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that I still tingle when I think of you
wonder if you'd see me differently if you knew.
If you knew that you brought out the best in me,
would you think twice about me, would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that you made me feel worthy of love
how you altered my view of the future.
If you knew that you were the first who saw me as more than the friend
that wasn't scared of my wall and pursued despite its height,
would you let me in, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew how desperately I want a chance with you
how I'd give up my independence for you.
If you knew that you made me want something more
that I want a me and you,
would you be there for me, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that "you bewitched me, body and soul"
wonder why you chose me.
If you knew that I care more about your thoughts
would you share them with me, would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that you broke down my wall
how is beyond my imagination.
If you knew that you made it past my tough exterior,
would you try a little harder, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew that I let you in
wonder if you know how hard that was for miss independent.
If you knew that you make me weak in the knees,
would you give me a chance, would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the power behind your simple hello
how I wish you'd return the gesture.
If you knew that this could hurt me,
would you keep up the tough exterior, the icy front, would you let me in?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the whole of me
wonder if you realize you don't know all of me.
If you knew that I'd be myself with you,
would you reciprocate the gesture, would you give me a chance?
I wish you would.
I wish you knew the whole of me: inside and out,
how there's more than meets the eye.
If you knew that I could come alive with you,
would you give me a chance, would you let me be alive?
I wish you would...
"I don't like needing anyone."
"You've gotta be gentle with me. I'm not as tough as I look." --The Good Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment