I walk around in smiling,
churchy filled spaces
only to see blank faces still lost in the world.
I work through camps and churches all summer,
only to realize I've lost sight of God...
somewhere along the way.
Where did my Lord go?
Where is my savior?
How do all the blank faces
find color and life once again?
I sit through church services, VBSs, and camps
searching for the God I once knew.
Yet, He's no where to be found.
How can he be lost in all these religious places?
Is my Lord, my God being consumed
by all this religious jargon?
My almighty God,
can you come out from hiding?
Can you call out to me loud and clear
so I can hear?
My lovely, lost God...
I'm yearning for you and
yet can't find a way to reach you anymore.
My lost Lord,
when did we start holding worship as ransom
for misplaced behavior?
When did volunteers forget who the focus is and should be?
My Lord,
when did we lose sight of our children?
My Lord, my Lord...
I'm not sure how we lost you,
but I feel like your being lost
is how we lost sight of the children as well.
My dear lost Lord...
I'm sure you're not lost and
that it's actually me.
If that's the unfortunate truth Lord,
could you find me?
Could you draw me out of this darkness?
Can you please help me get out of this mess?
I'm empty and barren,
and I want to be filled.
Please help light a fire,
a fire that will consume me from the inside out Lord.
I'm yearning for something more.
I just hope I haven't missed out...
on your
still,
quiet
voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment