Sitting here in week four,
starting to fade,
but wanting more.
Needing a fresh perspective
to prevent the jading of my mind.
I'm a little lost now,
struggling to find my way,
but blessed to be in the day.
Special people, new place,
different day and attitude.
Why can't this remain the same?
I'm tired of all the bickering,
the lying, and the cheating...
We have a book to guide us,
yet when it comes to the church,
we deny that.
Why can't we be friends?
I thought we all had the same goal,
but I guess I'm slipping on the naive side.
What do I do with the mouth open wide?
What's the point?
Where's our purpose?
What about the children?
Adults banter back and forth
while kids are slipping in and out.
Mom and Pops tell me this church bit is the real deal.
It'll break you and a-make you
while love consumes your soul meal.
But Pops...
I'm not getting fed now.
The love has consumed me,
you were right about that,
but did I suck it out from
the ones who are inspiring my fuel?
I'm hungry...
I'm thirsty...
I'm yearning for more.
But amidst the chaos and confusion
of name calling, fighting, and breaking....
They forgot me.
They lost me,
as I suffer from a different kind of hunger.
They made sure the shell was appealing:
smiling and nodding at all the right times,
but they let the inside of me
decay and rot to a hollow mess,
with no substance for the Spirit to consume or possess.
How could you let me end up like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment