When all gets quiet,
I promise I'm not ignoring you.
When all gets quiet,
I'm amazed that I'm sitting with you.
When all gets quiet,
I'm so grateful I have someone who sees
the best in me, someone who sees all the
potential that I've lost sight of.
When all gets quiet,
I wanna get mad at you for opening me up
and making me comfortable in all my vulnerabilities.
When all gets quiet,
I'm grateful for your openness with me
and feel guilty for not having that same comfort and confidence in you.
When all gets quiet,
I'm intimidated by your brilliance
leaving me speechless.
When all gets quiet,
I worry that my response won't suffice
and that I'm not stimulating growth and development in you
like you always manage to do for me.
When all gets quiet,
I get nervous about what just rolled off my tongue.
When all gets quiet,
I am thankful for a fresh perspective
that breaks down the conservative walls of my surroundings.
When all gets quiet,
I find peace that I am somewhat comfortable
despite my insecurities around you.
When all gets quiet,
I'm so happy that I am finally myself and feel all at home.
When all gets quiet,
I sometimes ponder our need for touch and the lack thereof.
When all gets quiet,
I wonder if I killed the authenticity of this friendship
with a single letter sent a year ago.
When all gets quiet,
I feel your gaze trying to dissect my thoughts
and tap the trigger that shut me down and
closed me off yet again.
When all gets quiet,
I long for you to hold me after opening me up to
all my vulnerabilities.
When all gets quiet,
I worry that you are trying to protect my innocence
and holding back the core of who you are.
When all gets quiet,
I wonder what you look like and how life is different
in a world that is so far removed from our common ground.
When all gets quiet,
I wonder if I've bored you and have wasted your time.
When all gets quiet,
I'm taking time to cherish the precious moments we share
while you're still beside me.
When all gets quiet,
I'm dreading the thought of leaving you and saying goodbye.
When all gets quiet,
I wonder what you must think of me and
what will go down in today's journal entry.
When all gets quiet,
I don't want you to leave my side,
empty handed or broken hearted.
No comments:
Post a Comment